Lifelong learning is essential to a nurse’s continuing competence.
CLPNPEI exists to ensure that Prince Edward Island LPNs retain and continuously build upon their knowledge, judgment and skill. The Continuing Competency Program (CCP) also ensures that LPNs remain up-to-date on evolving evidence and best-practice in their field. This contributes to high-quality, safe care for Islanders.
PEI LPNs maintain and build their competence by:
- maintaining a professional portfolio,
- applying their knowledge, judgment and skill through active practice
(Maintain 1,000 practice hours over 5 years)
- completing self-assessments
- developing personal professional learning plans, and
- meeting their learning goals.
All LPNs are asked to declare on their annual registration renewal form that they engage in CCP activities to maintain their registration with the CLPNPEI.