The Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPNRE®) is the entry-to-practice competency-based examination for practical nurses in Prince Edward Island. It is administered by Yardstick Assessment Strategies (YAS). As per YAS, “the purpose of the examination is to protect the public by ensuring that the entry-level practical nurse possesses the competencies required to practice safely and effectively.”
For more information, please visit the YAS website www.cpnre.ca
3 Step Process to writing the CPNRE
- Apply to CLPNPEI for eligibility. Complete application and pay fee.
- Receive Authorization to Test Letter from Pearson VUE. Create online account, pay technology fee to Pearson VUE and schedule appointment.
- Write CPNRE at test center.
Upcoming dates for writing the CPNRE are as follows:
- 2018 CBT Window #1 January 29, 2018 – February 18, 2018
- 2018 CBT Window #2 June 11, 2018 – July 1, 2018
- 2018 CBT Window #3 September 17, 2018 – October 7, 2018
- 2018 CBT Window #4 November 18, 2018 – December 9, 2018