Graduates from one of PEI’s practical nursing diploma programs may be eligible for registration as a graduate practical nurse in PEI if they meet the following requirements.
The applicant must:
- Successfully complete an approved practical nursing education program in Prince Edward Island.
- Apply to write the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPNRE).
- Submit a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued within the previous 90 days.
- Provide proof of identity and legal name.
- Complete the required application documentation.
- Proof of entitlement to work in Canada.
- Pay the required fees.
*The CLPNPEI requires that all applicants confirm English language proficiency. If your first language is not English, you are required to successfully demonstrate English language proficiency.
- Applicants must be free from any cognitive, physical, psychological or emotional conditions, or a dependence on alcohol or drugs that impairs their ability to practice nursing.
- Applicants must not possess a record of conviction under the Criminal Code (Canada), the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (Canada), the Food and Drugs Act (Canada) or any criminal or penal statute of a jurisdiction outside of Canada, that makes it desirable in the public interest that the applicant not practice practical nursing.
Please contact the CLPNPEI for further information.